site

www.startinglifeoveragain.com - Visit my full site where you will find more blogs about other areas in life to start over like going back to school.

Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Old Window....

I had always really liked the look of an old window that is re purposed. Last year I was at a flea market right before Christmas and finally found one.
I paid 20 bucks for this window.

I didn't have a fire place so I thought that it would be the perfect place to hang the stocking that I had made as well from sweaters that I picked up at the thrift shop.

 I added the hooks on the bottom to hang the stockings from. The for the top part I had picked up this little cheap wooden Merry Christmas sign from the dollar store then I used window snow. From the inside of the window I put the sign backwards on the glass and sprayed it. Then I took a branch from the tree. I was going to leave it there but it didn't sit nice, so I just used it to made the tree shape. I just lined the whole back with red sparkly mesh that I also got from the dollar store.
Simple, easy, and a total of like 25 bucks to make. 30 if you want to include the sweater stockings.

But after leaving it up for a long time and moving... I had to decide what else to do with it because I wanted the window up and not hidden in a closet for 10 months of the year.



I took an old piece of wood from my dads house, cut it to size and spray painted it with chalk board paint.

Then finally removed the merry Christmas off the top and added a calendar so that I can mark down anything that is going on during the month seeing my work schedule changes daily.

 Now I have 2 months at any given time written up on that calendar using white board markers. The bottom portion is a chalk board so I write anything that I think of.