site

www.startinglifeoveragain.com - Visit my full site where you will find more blogs about other areas in life to start over like going back to school.

Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Dresser to Shoe Rack!

I picked up this 3 drawer dresser on Kijiji for 26 bucks. I probably could have found something for less but in the moment I was purchasing it for clothes because my my wardrobe wouldn't fit up the stairs.

I used the dresser for about a year. I thought about leaving it behind when I moved because it is really cheap. It is press board with dark wood grain paper glued to it.
I had found my new place and it wasn't going to have a closet inside the front door and I super hate clutter, I knew I would need somewhere to put mail, shoes and empty my pockets. I opted to paint the dresser and take out the bottom two drawers (saving the drawers and hardware to add to the bed frame in an earlier post when I make the frame) and use it as a shoe rack.


 In place





Then I added above a piece of drift wood that I found and a bunch of antique hooks that I have collected over the years to go above it.


The wardrobe beside it is going to be moving else where so it will have more room